From the Office of Councilor Leiper, a demolition permit (#1605617) has been issued for 43 Grange Avenue.
WVCA Agenda – 2016-06. All are welcome at 7:30pm on Tuesday at Fisher Park School. We hope to see you there.
We will be electing the Board for the new year, as well as talking about a few key issues (READ – Rosemount Library, help for refugees, local development, Island Park Drive, and more).
A local group that has sponsored refugee families is hosting a fundraiser this coming June 17th. For more information, please see this link. Prizes include:
- Dinner for 6 hosted by the Right Honourable Jean Chretien and Madame Aline Chretien at their Ottawa home
- Lunch for 2 at the Parliamentary Dining Room with Canada’s first astronaut and current Transport Minister, the Honourable Marc Garneau
- A one-hour road hockey game with Ottawa Senator’s defenseman and local native Codi Ceci
- A weekend stay for 4 in Picton (Prince Edward County) including a wine tour and breakfast for four people.
- A Giorgio Armani khaki wool herringbone pant suit (bought at Julien’s Auction in Los Angeles in 2009) worn by Barbra Streisand.
- Six (6) seats for opening night at the Ottawa Senators 2016-17 season, in a private suite located on the Club Bell level. Includes buffet dinner, valet parking and all beverages.
- And much more.
From the office of Councillor Leiper, there are a battery of upcoming Public Consultations on a variety of topics.
Summer 2016 Public Consultations
1) Saturday, June 4 8:30-3:00pm, Our Lady of Fatima Parish (153 Woodroffe Ave)
Big Public Consultation – Cleary & New Orchard Planning Study, O-Train Confederation LRT Stage 2 Station Connectivity Study, Byron Ave Traffic Calming Design Study.
2) Thursday, June 9, 6:00-8:00pm, Hintonburg Community Centre
3) Wednesday, June 15, 6:30-8:30pm, Van Lang Field house
Mahoney Park Renovations Public Consultation
4) Thursday, June 16, 6:30-8:30pm, Our Lady of Fatima (153 Woodroffe Ave)
Byron Traffic Calming and Bike Lanes Public Consultation
5) Tuesday, June 21, 6:00-8:00pm, Best Western
Westgate Redevelopment 2nd Public Consultation
6) Wednesday, June 22, 6:30-8:30, Churchill Senior’s Centre
1960 Scott St Development Proposal Public Consultation (Pre-Application)
7) Monday, June 27, 6:30-8:30, Churchill Senior’s Centre
Richmond at Churchill Intersection improvements Public Consultation
8) Wednesday, July 13, 6:30-8:30, Van Lang Field House
190 Richmond Rd 2nd Public Consultation
1140 Wellington St W Open House info session (July or September)
1976 Scott St & 320 McRae 2nd Public Consultation
From, the office of Councillor Leiper:
Mizrahi Parklette Consultation
June 9 – 6:00-8:00pm at the Hintonburg Community Centre, Wellington Room
Please join us and Parks Planning staff to discuss the future parklette feature on the Mizrahi property, at the corner of Island Park Drive and Wellington St W. As part of the future development, Mizrahi will be making improvements to the current green area and the space will be a new park. We hope you can attend the consultation to give your input towards how you would like that park to look, feel and function. We will also take any e-mail feedback and pass it along to the planners. This will be the first of two consultations – the second one, Parks Planners will have prepared two conceptual designs for you to further provide input towards. We will make sure to provide all updates here as well.